Questions to Ask Potential Practitioners
1. How much experience have you had working with eating disorders?
2. What percentage of your practice is devoted to people with eating disorders?
3. What kind of professional training do you have? Education? Licenses?
4. What do you charge for a session? Do you have any kind of sliding scale?
5. Do you take insurance? Which plans? Do you accept Medicare/Medicaid?
6. What if I do not have insurance or mental health benefits under my health care plan?
7. What medical information do you need? Will I need a medical evaluation before entering your care?
8. What is your therapeutic approach?
9. How do you determine what treatment regimen I need?
10. Do you work with a treatment team?
11. What are your goals for treatment?
12. What is your appointment availability? How long does an appointment last? How often will we be meeting?